Thursday, December 11, 2008

New Years Resolution Early

So I have started my New Years resolution early...making our house more environmentally friendly.

1) We already changed out all of our light bulbs to compact fluorescent bulbs about 2 years ago.

2) I got a worm bed to stop wasting food...problem is I fried all the worms on a really hot day this past August...so I have to get some more worms. It worked great...while alive.

3) Finally got my recycling bins...not that Severance has recycling...so I have to waste gas and haul it to Fort Collins when they fill up.

4) Got rid of all phosphorus containing soaps/detergents in the house and replaced with non-phosphorus.

5) Got rid of all cleaners that were not environmentally friendly.

6) Finally have enough reusable shopping bags so that we don't get plastic or paper anymore. Hey and did you know you get a $0.05 credit for each bag you take into Safeway, Wholefoods, etc.

1 comment:

Outdoorgirl said...

I am taking all my bags to safeway. I could buy beer with how many bags I have saved!!!! WOOOHOO!!!