Monday, October 6, 2008

Survived the Weekend...

Well...I made it through another White family function...barely. I have come to the conclusion that I am officially done with these sorts of things. I am at a point in my life where I do not need to be told what to do, where to go, what to wear, etc. I am pretty sure that Joel and I have our own jobs, pay our own bills, live our own lives, etc...without the help of our parents (unlike some of our siblings).

The latest is that I was told what I could/could not wear to a wedding that I was a guest. I was not in the wedding in any way...yet was told I could not wear a formal wedding appropriate sari...yeah right...I guess it would have been more approaprate to wear a wife beater with no bra, ragged blue jeans, and flip flops. Joel proceeded to veto the former outfit and I wore the sari anyway. I guess trying to introduce and break cultural boundries just isn't the cards. Although most of Joel's counsins, aunts, and uncles loved the sari.

Joel and I are now off to Houston for a traditional Philippeno wedding...I brought Joel a traditional men's pineapple cloth barong (shirt) back for wedding. I will be wearing a traditional Indoesian skirt and scarf (ok...not Philippeno, but hey same part of the world).

No comments: