Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Great Stew Incident

So last Saturday started out per usual...you know, wind blowing and snow blowing around. So it was decided that it was the perfect day to brew beer. So while the boys brewed beer...the girls would keep the two littlest helpers entertained. With four adults and two little ones, we would eventually need to eat.

So before leaving the great plains of eastern CO (at least that is what our friend's think)...7.5 miles east of I-25...I decided the best way to feed a house full of brewers was to make a STEAMING, HOT, crock pot full of beef stew. Up I got...early enough to have the stew ready to leave the house at noon...so we packed up the Wii, playstation 3, Rockband, and the stew and off we went to the big city (Fort Collins) to brew the beer.

Now out here in the eastern plains, when it snows and the wind blows, we tend to get a few drifts and one needs a vehicle that sits a little higher so one doesn't get high centered on the drifts. Now I managed to drive just fine and keep the stew in the crock pot. YEAH!!!

Now we get less than 4 blocks from our final destination...and the house of brewing...and I took a corner no more than 0.00006 miles/hr and of course the stew goes flying across the back of the 4-Runner. Needless to say...Joel didn't say a word...probably for the best.

As we pulled into our destination...I started cleaning my baby. Now about this time M & B came out and welcomed us to the brew house...but their dog Cooper also welcomed us and was really happy to see my stewed up 4-Runner...he was more than happy to help clean up the mess. I just hope the after effects weren't too bad!!!

The Great Stew incident is now complete...the steam cleaning of the vehicle was completed tonight.

No comments: