Saturday, February 2, 2008

Melody's Farmers Market

So it's time to start thinking about my Farmer's Market for 2008.

I have gotten about 12 seed catalogs in the mail over the past couple of weeks. It's time to order my seeds. I have found Johnny's Seeds to be the best for me for most veggies...for my tomatoes I like Totally Tomatoes.

I will be growing the usual tomatoes...
Sungold cherries - Orange sweet things
Striped German - Bi-colored medium sized
Yellow Pear - Yellow pear-shaped cherries
Brandywines - Yummy

I will also be growing the following:
Celery
Onions - Walla-Walla, Copra, and some reds
Chives
Parsely - curled and italian leaf
Rosemary
sage
Peppers - I don't know which ones yet
Broccoli - If I can get it in the ground soon enough
Cabbage - again if I can get it in the ground soon enough
Shallotts - I would like to try this year

No comments: